The True Facts about College Athletic Recruiting
College Athletic Recruiting: Everyone wants to give advice and everyone believes they know all the answers!
Finally, a program that does just that! It gives the answers in a straightforward, no nonsense, entertaining 50-minute presentation.
We have made an investment as a community to provide our student-athletes and parents with information about playing college athletics.
If your son or daughter truly has aspirations to play at the next level, this is a “can’t miss” event.
“The Realities of College Athletic Recruiting”
Former college coach and recruiting expert, Jack Renkens has helped thousands
Any doubts or reservations about attending? Simply check out the Recruiting Realities website at www.recruitingrealities.com.
Brighton Athletics is pleased to announce!
Brighton Athletics is pleased to announce that Mr. Chris Stevanovic as its new Program Head Coach for Girls Soccer. Mr. Stevanovic will be joined by Mr. Mark Howell as Assistant Head Coach.
Brighton Area Schools has begun using an on-line payment system.
Dear Scranton and B.H.S. Parents of Student Athletes,
As some of you may know or have already experienced Brighton Area Schools has begun using an on-line payment system called “payforit.net”. Brighton Athletics will now be doing all of its Pay to Participate and Transportation fees via “payforit.net” beginning this fall season. This should be a great time saver for parents, coaches, and our clerical staff as well! Likewise you will also be able to pay for any of your student’s non-athletic school registration expenses such as parking, yearbook, sports passes etc. If you have more than one student they can all be setup on the same account for easy tracking.
To set up your family’s account you will need the following:
To get started enter or click this link:
The windows for payment will be as follows:
B.H.S. – Fall Sports Payment window opens Monday, 8/25/14 & CLOSES – Friday 9/12/14 @ 12:00am
S.M.S. – Fall Sports Payment window opens Friday, 9/12/14 & CLOSES – Friday 9/26/14 @ 12:00am
Please note that as with most all on-line payment systems there is a convenience fee of 3.5% on credit cards or $1.75 for Electronic Checks and is automatically built into your total. As in the past if your student receives free or reduced lunch athletic fees will be waived. Also, if your family is experiencing an unexpected financial challenge please contact me and I will work with you to ensure that your child is provided the opportunity to participate.
We are looking forward to another great school year in our classrooms as well as another outstanding year of Brighton Athletics. Thank you, and as always…Go Dogs!
Brighton Athletics is seeking candidates for its Head Program Coach for Girls Lacrosse.
Brighton is looking for a leader to serve as its Head Program Coach for Girls Lacrosse. Interested parties please contact:
John Thompson, CMAA
Freshman Volleyball Coached needed!
Interested parties should contact and send materials to:
John Thompson, CMAA
Sports Physicals FYI
All participants must have a current physical and consent of disclosure on file with the Athletic Department prior to any tryouts and must be dated on or after April 15, 2014
1. Clearance form must be signed, stamped and dated on or after April 15, 2014 by physician M.D., D.O., Physician’s Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner who administers the exam. Some physician’s offices are using their prospective forms that they have adapted. This is ok but need to make sure all info is the same as what is required on Brighton Area Schools form or MHSAA form.
2. Information & Consent – ALL must have filled out properly and signed in all places by parent/guardian and student.
3. Insurance – ALL students must have insurance per Brighton Board of Education policy. If they indicate none they must purchase school insurance. Forms are available from the Athletic Office.
4. The Athletic Office maintains a current list of those on file on a yearly basis. Lists are provided to each sports coach on the 1st day of practice or tryouts.
5. It is helpful if forms are submitted to the Athletic Office in advance of season start to cut down the last minute stresses of practice or tryouts.
6. Completed forms can be submitted via email to the Athletic Director or Athletic Assistant, fax copies to 810-299-4188 or turned into the Athletic Office. Emails & phone numbers can be found on the Athletic website godogs.org. The Athletic Office does not assume responsibility if form is turned into any other office or school. Coaches can accept them also but prefer not to handle the paperwork.
Physical/Waiver and insurance forms are available from the Athletic Department and any school office or click here to get the form now.